In this article, 6 Essential Aspects of Workplace Culture, David Sturt (an Executive Vice President at O.C. Tanner), shares 6 aspects of culture that people look for in a great place to work:
These key areas were identified based on extensive research of over 10,000 companies, derived from an employee’s view point of culture.
- Purpose means connecting employees to your organization’s reason for being or the difference you make in the world.
- Opportunity means providing employees the ability to learn new skills, develop, and contribute.
- Success means giving employees the opportunity to innovate, do meaningful work, and be on winning teams.
- Appreciation means acknowledging and recognizing employees’ outstanding work and unique contributions.
- Well-being means paying attention to and constantly working to improve employees’ physical, social, emotional, and financial health.
- Leadership means connecting employees to purpose, empowering them to do great work, and creating a sense of camaraderie.
To read the entire article and learn some staggering improvements associated with companies that focus on the 6 cultural pillars above, click HERE
If you would like to learn more about how this might apply to your business, let’s talk: