Wellness in the Workplace
Would you like to create a healthy culture at work? Then it’s time to create a health and wellness program for your employees. When incorporating the following ideas into an organized and structured wellness program, your employees’ health with improve and healthcare costs will go down.
- Prepare a list of healthy dining options close to work. This way your employees can plan a healthy lunch schedule and even walk to whichever dining option they choose.
- Instead of having break rooms filled with bags of chips and cookies, have fresh fruits and vegetables delivered for employees to eat for free. Or have a healthy food fund where each employee contributes a certain amount of money each month for healthy workplace snacks.
- Provide a bike rack so employees can bike to work. Include some kind of incentive for those who bike to work more than others. Have a contest to see who bikes the most to work, with a gift-card for the winner (to a healthy restaurant or for a gym membership).
- Challenge your employees to take the stairs (if applicable). Encourage them to count their steps. Maybe have a contest for the employee who walked the most steps in a month. And again, give a tangible (healthy) gift to the winner.
- Negotiate corporate discounts for health club or gym memberships in the area. Employees love discounts on products and services, and it encourages exercise.
- Start a smoke-free policy. Go one step further by providing resources to help smokers quit.
If you would like to learn more about how this might apply to your business, let’s talk: