Top New Year’s Resolutions for Business Owners
Many of us make personal New Year’s resolutions, but have you thought about making New Year’s resolutions for your business? The end of the year is a perfect time for reflecting on your company’s accomplishments and identifying areas for improvement.
New Year’s resolutions tend to focus on the big picture: we want to adopt new behavior habits for positive long-term results. After all, if it takes concentrated effort to make a change, we want the outcome to pay off in a big way.
Here are some ideas for resolutions to accelerate your company’s growth and improve customer and employee relationships.
Keep your website up to date
- Check that all links are active
- Remove outdated information
- Add new products or services as they become available
Communicate regularly with employees
- Regularly schedule one-on-one touch bases
- Conduct all-hands meetings in person or by phone
Strengthen customer relationships
- Stay top-of-mind via social media posts and e-newsletters
- Demonstrate customer appreciation with frequent user rewards
- Reward referrals
- Distribute a fun or functional customized promotional giveaway
Ask for online reviews
- Inform customers where they can post online reviews of your business
- Consider an incentive for feedback
- Acknowledge all reviews — good or bad — with professionalism
Drive awareness of your brand
- Be sure your logo appears on all communications and company documents
- If appropriate, put your logo on shopping bags
- Consider branded caps, workers’ uniforms, company vehicles, and packaging
Join your local chamber of commerce
- Network with other small business owners in your community to grow your business and learn from their experience
Our sincere wishes to you and your family for a healthy, joyful, and prosperous 2020.
YOUR CHALLENGE: Set aside the time to reflect, identify your goals, write them down and communicate them.
If you would like to learn more about how this might apply to your business, let’s talk: