Time Management in the Workplace
If you really want to work smarter and be more productive, then you need to change the way you work. If you think you don’t have enough time to apply time management into your workplace, think again. It doesn’t matter which time management tips you use, just make sure you use them consistently.
Here are some quick time management tips:
- Organize your workday into 15-minute chunks. It’s long enough to get something done, but short enough to find in your day.
- Shut you door to eliminate drop-in visitors. This is very helpful when you need to concentrate on large projects.
- Eliminate distractions. Send calls to voicemail and turn off email notification. Check messages in the morning, after lunch, and then again before you leave for the day.
- If you are thinking of a million other things that need to get done, write them down. This will help you to remember them later and you’ll get them out of your head so you can focus on the task at hand.
- Create a to-do list. Schedule tasks in a calendar and cross things off as you complete them. This not only gets things done, but it will be satisfying as well.
These are all very simple tips that will greatly improve your efficiency and productivity throughout your workday.
If you would like to learn more about how this might apply to your business, let’s talk: