Re-invent, Re-think, Re-open: Nine To-Dos for a Great Start – Part 1
Yes, we’re re-opening, but no, it’s not quite business as usual. Re-opening takes more than just unlocking your doors and letting in your customers: you’re rebuilding your business.
Adjusting to the new normal will be demanding on many levels, but I’m here to help with nine to-dos to guide and inspire you through the re-opening process.
We’ll start by looking at four necessary to-dos for behind-the-scenes preparation. These are things you want to start planning and managing before opening your doors. In future posts I’ll share more to-dos to help you get to a successful opening day.
#1 Re-Educate and Prepare
- Know the local rules of the game
- Use your common sense of course
- Clean and screen
- Remember customers want to see and feel before they buy
- Being flexible will be key to serving your customers
#2 Re-Build Your Team
- Give them confidence
- Give them flexible hours and virtual ability to do some tasks
- Give them community and communication
- Give them standards and protocols
- Give them time to ramp up to their usual productivity
- Give everyone a fresh start
#3 Re-Run Your Numbers
- Every decision right now either makes or costs
- More often not less often
- Break even and profit break even
- Use government money wisely
- More cash on hand is still suggested
#4 Re-Write Your Plan
- It was a 90-day game to survive
- And a 90-day plan to thrive
- Re-opening is harder than closing
- Can’t afford simple mistakes
- Think negatives as well as positives
- Get Help…Email me!
If you would like to learn more about how this might apply to your business, let’s talk: