5 Ideas to Spice Up Your Fall Marketing Campaigns
Ever since Starbucks introduced their most popular seasonal beverage flavor, fall has been synonymous with the smell and taste of pumpkin spice. So, taking a page from Starbuck’s playbook and other savvy brands that know how to tap into seasonal trends to grab customers’ attention, spice up your business social media with these top tips.
- Picture it fall — use photos or graphics of pumpkins, leaves, hay stalks and other elements suggesting traditional fall scenes in your September and October posts on social media, blogs, and email campaigns. This idea is more powerful pre-season or early in the season, before pumpkin spice fatigue sets in — if that’s even a thing for some people.
- Use your (autumn) words — create a fall vibe by incorporating autumn words and phrases in your communications, such as, well, pumpkin spice. Halloween-related words also can add humor and fun to your seasonal special deals and discounts.
- Decorate, decorate, decorate — did you know Halloween is second only to Christmas in holiday decoration sales? It’s easier to do Halloween decorations if your customers come to your place of business, but there are other ways to incorporate a fall theme if customers don’t visit your place of business. One idea is to dress up in a Halloween costume for a fun October social media post or video. Another idea is to give your logo or your social media business profile photo a temporary make-over with an autumn banner.
- Fall photo contest — invite your customers to share their best fall photos with you. Then run a series of social media posts with the top 5 or 10 submissions. Of course, award the winners with gift cards to buy pumpkin spice lattes or beverages of their choice. You can also create a blog or an email to share the winning submissions.
- Pumpkin spice latte giveaway — bundle coffee shop gift cards with purchases for a week in October. Create a custom thank-you note sharing your appreciation for their business and this special season.
With a dash of creativity and seasonal inspiration, you can whip up memorable marketing campaigns. What will you try mixing up this pumpkin spice season?
If you would like to learn more about how this might apply to your business, let’s talk: